XML as a document language

Subject: XML as a document language
From: "Kapoor, Shelly" <Shelly-Kapoor -at- deshaw -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:10:00 +0530

Dear People,
I am sure all of you have heard of the use of XML as a document language.
Apparently, with the use of XML/SGML, one can create DTDs and XSL that can
then be used to present information as pdf, html, and other formats. So
essentially, you create once and render into multiple formats later. You
needn't recreate for each format.
This is what I have heard. Would either of you be able to shed light on
this issue.

Regards
Shelly (f) (That really is my name. An adaptation of an Indian word,
nothing to do with P.B. Shelley.)