RE: Windows 98 the culprit?

Subject: RE: Windows 98 the culprit?
From: Darren Barefoot <Darren -dot- Barefoot -at- capeclear -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 09:31:12 +0100

Hi,

Forgive me if you already know all this:

When you click Record a Macro, a dialog box should appear where you name the
macro and can set up shortcuts, identify its location, etc. Anyhow, once you
click OK in that dialog box, it dissappears and a very small dialog box
appears that only displays two buttons (Stop Recording and Pause Recording).
Note that this dialog box is resizable, so it's possible that it's only
displaying the one button for you. You are now in "record macro" mode, and
any actions that you undertake will be recorded as part of the macro. When
you're done, you click the Stop Recording button in the dialog box to return
to "normal" mode.

Is that what is happening on your machine? If so, then it's acting the way
it should. By the way, you can see the Stop Recording button I refer to and
get a better written procedure by searching for the topic "Record a Macro in
Word" in the Word 2000 help system.

I've run this on Windows 98 without a problem, so I doubt it's a bug--it may
be some manner of intended-window-sizing functionality, but I doubt it. Hope
that helps. DB.

<snip>