Kit furniture manuals (was TECHWR-L poll question)

Subject: Kit furniture manuals (was TECHWR-L poll question)
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 13:23:37 -0500

I heartily agree. This is one of the reasons I prefer Sauder over other
brands of "disposable" furniture. I hope one of their tech writers is on
the list to see that there are
people who actually read and appreciate the directions. The instructions
are clear and broken down into individual steps, and rarely is anything
left for the reader to assume.
Illustrations are clear and appropriate (unlike the manual I received
with my lawn mower, which had me putting my wheels on backward, and
scratching my head about why
the darn thing didn't work).

And I staunchly defend my taste in furniture. I'd have "real" furniture
if my darling dog Joey didn't believe that furniture is just a snack
containing lots of roughage. We have
discussions.

Jo

Joy Brady-Beer wrote:

--- Jeff Hanvey <techwriter -at- jewahe -dot- net> wrote:
If I'm
> putting something together, like a piece of
> furniture from a kit, I usually just jump in and
> ignore the instructions, since they're usually
> worthless anyway (No offense to writers of these -
> If, indeed, anyone does write them).

Funny - I love the Sauder Furniture manuals, and do
follow them carefully for these reasons:

(reasons deleted in the interest of saving bandwidth)