Re: veering off-topic: VP Abbreviation

Subject: Re: veering off-topic: VP Abbreviation
From: "Richard G. Combs" <richard -dot- combs -at- voyanttech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 09:08:50 -0600

"David Berg" <dberg -at- dmpnet -dot- com> wrote in message news:104993 -at- techwr-l -dot- -dot- -dot-

> > :: Do we have a rule about "no political discussion" on this
> > :: list? There's one
> > :: on the Copyeditor's list, which the long-suffering
> > :: list-admin brings up
> > :: every time someone makes comments like this one...
> >
> > No, but there's an "off-topic" rule, in which political discussions
fall.

> > - Bill [grabbing the wheel and steering back onto the topic path]
>
> Sorry folks, perhaps I veered a little too far off-topic in my attempt to
> use illustrative examples of the difference between two phrases.

No need to apologize, David. Your example may have been annoying to some of
the politically "sensitive" folks, but it was a legitimate illustration of
your point and therefore not off-topic. Certainly not as off-topic as some
of the snide anti-capitalist asides I've seen from your critic. <g>

Richard

------
Richard G. Combs
Senior Technical Writer
Voyant Technologies, Inc.
richard -dot- combs -at- voyanttech -dot- com
303-223-5111
------
rgcombs -at- free-market -dot- net
303-777-0436