What goes in which kind of document?

Subject: What goes in which kind of document?
From: Becca Price <becca_price -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 07:22:10 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to everybody who answered my question about how PDFs are
used. I hope to spend the weekend organizing the information
and will post a summary by Monday.

Now I have another question, this time more immediate.

I'm reorganizing our Administrator's Guide along strict
task-oriented lines: what does the Admin want to do, and how do
you do it with our software. I'm putting all the interface
information (field definitions, how to use specific screens,
etc) in the help file.

I know that single-sourcing is the Holy Grail of techwriting (I
read so on this list, after all, so it must be true!) but my
proposed content division is designed to cut down redundancy
between documents.

Does my proposal make sense?

Thanks,

Becca