RE: Survey: how do you use PDFs

Subject: RE: Survey: how do you use PDFs
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2001 14:18:00 -0400

Because:

PDF displays formatting that HTML cannot handle.
PDF better supports printing Page Ranges and documents in their entirety
than HTML.
PDF can be distributed as one file, versus a bunch of separate HTML and
separate graphics files.
There is little chance of somebody having the wrong viewer or browser and
thus not seeing unsupported conventions or having formatting that is
supported differently depending on what your reader is using to view your
publication.
It takes less time and resources to create PDF than HTML output for a
document.
Yadda yadda yadda.

Of course, PDF is not good for all cases, certainly it is not the same as
HTML and does not replace HTML. I only present reasons to use PDF . . ..

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com