Re: The softening marketplace

Subject: Re: The softening marketplace
From: "Maggie Secara" <maggiros -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 19:31:38 -0700

ROFLMAO O Oh my... <wiping away slightly hysterical tears> It's not soft in L.A.! It's that old sofa cushion that really needs to be replaced because it just doesn't "give" anymore. It's hard as an agent's heart, flat as a nasal twang, and offering penny ante wages for advanced skills and experience if you're willing to commute 90 minutes each way.

And oh yeah, that "bonus" they promised to make up for the ridiculous rate?? The check was in the mail last Thursday. No wait, Saturday morning. Or no, no, maybe it was THIS morning. The project wrapped 4 weeks ago.

4th quarter? Oh stop! Stop! You're killin' me!

Maggie

From: "Suzanne Pyle" <comline -at- greennet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Subject: The softening marketplace
Date: Tue, 8 May 2001 21:07:49 -0700

How are you experiencing the softening of the marketplace in your region? I
am hearing reports that we won't see a rebound until 4th quarter. How has
this affected your ability to find work as a consultant?

Suzanne