RE: New tech writer employment tips?

Subject: RE: New tech writer employment tips?
From: Glen Warner <gdwarner -at- ricochet -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 12:24:33 -0700

> Glen, where did you find these? I tried www.halfpricedbooks.com and
got a
> 404 error, and www.halfpricebooks.com is under construction/coming
soon.
> I know about www.halfpricecomputerbooks.com already and checked
there, but
> of course they only have books on the topic, no software. What I'd
really
> like to know is where I can get that $800 Robohelp package for $89
(even if
> it is a version or two old).

I went to the actual Half Price Books stores in my area (Seattle, WA).
There are five now -- one in Bellevue, one near the South Center
mall, another in the University District, and still another on 99 in
Lynwood. There's even another in Tacoma, but I haven't been there.

Not sure what other states have these ... but there has to be similar
stores around. Perhaps the bookstores attached to local colleges, if
nothing else.

--gdw