RE: Big Time Help

Subject: RE: Big Time Help
From: "Swallow, William" <WSwallow -at- courion -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2001 12:57:58 -0400

:: From: bwolf [mailto:bwolf -at- scheidt-bachmann-usa -dot- com]
:: Perhaps this is management's way of sticking it to you? Or,
:: could this
:: situation be a mutual misunderstanding? May they reasonably
:: expect you to
:: produce a task-based document? During the interview, did
:: you give them any
:: reason to believe you could produce a task-based document
:: if you knew the
:: components?

Good point. We don't know all the info. Was he told the requirements before
he started? Has he fallen short of expectations he set? Has the company and
the parties he interacts with been clear about their needs before this
point? What is bother his and the company's track record in this regard? We
don't know. And because we don't know, we can't make any sure suggestions as
to his direct actions. But, as I posted before, if the situation is grim, a
look around at other possibilities may be a good option to consider. But do
get the work done, as that was what you were hired for.

My $0.02.

BILL SWALLOW
Technical Writer
C O U R I O N C O R P O R A T I O N