RE: PDFMaker alternatives

Subject: RE: PDFMaker alternatives
From: "Geoff Lane" <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 17:41:26 +0100

I missed the question first time out. However, I do remember an issue with
PDF Maker that came with Acrobat 3.01 that made it unworkable for me. PDF
Maker is a Word macro "suite" that resides in an add-in template. It has an
array in which it records details of bookmarks. In my version of PDF Maker,
that is limited to 50 entries and that problem gave the same symptoms that
the original poster reported. Perhaps the same sort of thing is happening
with Acrobat 4.0.

FWIW, there is a way to increase the number of bookmarks (unfortunately,
I've lost the instructions on how to do this), but it didn't work for me
because it slowed Word down to a c-r-a-w-l <g>. After two and a half hours,
my 300-page book still hadn't converted -- so I gave up and switch to Frame.
Perhaps you might find information (about adjusting the number of bookmarks)
in the Adobe knowledge base, or on the Adobe user-to-user forums.

HTH,

Geoff Lane
Cornwall, UK
geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk