Printing to a Postscript file in Microsoft Word

Subject: Printing to a Postscript file in Microsoft Word
From: "Balchunas, John" <JBalchunas -at- orgtek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2001 08:30:37 -0400

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to help a coworker get a problem figured out. She's trying to
get Acrobat set up so she can take advantage of the watched folders. As I
understand it, this involves being able to print the file to a postscript
file, so that it may be placed in the watched folder to be distilled...

She running on NT, and printing to a HP LaserJet 4000N. We've managed to
install a generic postscript printer, but when we go to Print-->Print to
File we are only given .prn as a suitable extension...Is it possible to
configure the system so that Microsoft Word prints to a .ps file instead of
a .prn?

I've never run into this before (using FrameMaker), so maybe it's something
Adobe limits to there products...

Any ideas?