RE: Is IT Growth Slowing?

Subject: RE: Is IT Growth Slowing?
From: "Dia Blankenship" <dia -at- teknolutionary -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 01:44:50 -0400

> IT growth had better be slowing... it's the only
> way IT management will float down to earth
> again.

I agree completely! I understand that clients want magic, not technology.
What I can't fathom is why people who know better (IT professionals)
continue to promise they can DELIVER magic, when we all know it's a group
delusion. Of course I know the customer is always right, but right now,
we're selling them invisible suits and, as the industry matures, they're
calling us on it. In the long run, we would have all been better off if
we'd been more realistic about technology and it's limitations, particularly
those budget-related limitations.

-D

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.