Word Symbol Font to Letter Font Conversion?

Subject: Word Symbol Font to Letter Font Conversion?
From: "Nina Panzica" <panin -at- mindspring -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2001 19:16:18 -0400

Hi,

I need help with a problem that I could not find a solution for in the
archives. I formatted my "Normal" font in a Word 2000 document to use the
Wingdings font instead of Times New Roman. Well, that turned most of my
document into a mush of strange symbols as most of the fonts had been
originally based upon Normal's style. So I immediately reformatted my
Normal paragaph style back to Times New Roman. But instead of getting my
text back, I got little white squares!

I've undone that change and am back to Wingdings text. At least in wingdings
you can clearly see that each character typed is different. Does anybody
know of a way to convert these wingding symbols back into actual English
letters other than what I tried above? It never occured to me that the
text-to-symbol conversion wouldn't work both ways as each are standard
character fonts. I don't quite understand why it doesn't work both ways.
Any help would be appreciated. I have to deliver this document tommorow.

Regards,
Nina Panzica

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.