RE: Making them read the documentation

Subject: RE: Making them read the documentation
From: bryan -dot- westbrook -at- amd -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 11:33:46 -0500

If they are preventing the engineers from doing there work, the engineers
should start insisting that they go read the docs first. The fact that they
answer the questions insures that the users will keep coming back to them.
The real problem exists between those two groups, not the writer(s).

If the engineers like being having the users run to them with their problems
(and some actually do), their work is getting done, and the problems are
being fixed in a timely manner, don't worry about it. If it ain't broke,
don't fix it.