What the heck is an "Internet tester"?

Subject: What the heck is an "Internet tester"?
From: michelle -dot- black -at- sickkids -dot- ca
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2001 14:37:36 -0400

Peter wrote

A friend of mine who has done freelance tech writing has been approached
by an e-learning company with an offer to become an "Internet tester".

While my friend has agreed to meet with the HR people at this company, he
is genuinely puzzled as to what the job entails. I haven't a clue
myself--nor have any of the IS people I know.

Anyone heard this title before?

Peter,

While I haven't heard the title, I'm wondering if they mean it in terms of
usability, and thus want someone to evaluate their sites for this quality.

This reminds me of the informal rubric for the job my friend had of finding and
evaluating Web sites to go into a resource collection: "Websucker." LOL!!

Michelle

______________________________
Michelle Black
Plain Language Writer
Health Communication Service
Centre for Health Information and Promotion (CHIP)

The Hospital for Sick Children
555 University Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5G 1X9
Phone: (416) 813-7286
Fax: (416) 813-4986
michelle -dot- black -at- sickkids -dot- ca

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.