RE: Stupid tasks (was Re: NEED HELP..PLEASE RESPOND)

Subject: RE: Stupid tasks (was Re: NEED HELP..PLEASE RESPOND)
From: "Cook, Jenise" <jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2001 16:35:54 -0700

All:

It's Thursday evening (for me). Can we end this thread? At first, the
is bordering on violating listserv member responsibilities. I know I'm not
Eric, but, geeze, gang. It's almost Friday. Let's prepare good hearts for
the weekend, and get back to offering helpful advice to those who ask. (Yes,
I do use the Delete command when threads go on too long, and short on
helpfulness.)

Andrew, may I quote you? "Now, back to work, you."

Instead of discussing whether or not to make coffee, take meeting notes,
etc., let's continue the discussions on how we can keep ourselves employed
and marketable. Too many writers are looking for work in my area (Southern
California) with not enough employers with positions to fill. It's a leaner
market than last year.

My guess is, as other respondants noted, that the original poster's company
might be on a layoff track. My suggestion to the original poster of this
thread is to look for as many interesting projects that you can. Be creative
and try and find a tie in to tech writing. Make your boss look good, and
help the company stay in business. If they ask you to make coffee and you
don't want to do that, just say that you make terrible coffee. If the
company may be on the skids, get your resume polished quickly and look for
work. One more word, helping others with their resumes will only sharpen
your skills.

Thanks for listening. <Fire-proof suit is now zipped up.>

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.