RE: Can Frame do conditional texts for multiple print docs?

Subject: RE: Can Frame do conditional texts for multiple print docs?
From: "Brierley, Sean" <Sean -at- Quodata -dot- Com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 10:27:36 -0400

Hallo:

Conditional text can hide text based on conditions you choose. So, just as
you can tag text (or graphics in frames) as online- or print-only, so, too,
can you tag it with a version number.

However, use of conditional text does take some careful planning. It is best
not to overlap conditions, though you can. If the documents are small
enough, sometimes it makes sense not to use conditional text because of the
management overhead. Similarly, if you do not actually reuse a lot of
content, then conditional text makes less sense.

However, the answer is, "yes, conditional text can do that and can do it
quite smartly if you preplan your use of conditional text."

Cheers,

Sean
sean -at- quodata -dot- com

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.