Re: About TECHWR-L and a TECHWR-L Conference

Subject: Re: About TECHWR-L and a TECHWR-L Conference
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 17:39:34 -0700 (PDT)

"Eric Ray" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com> wrote

> A TECHWR-L conference is, actually, an idea that we've
> been kicking around for a while, along with several
> other additional areas of growth for the TECHWR-L
> community. That said, the timing isn't right for an
> Official TECHWR-L Conference--yet.

I have to say I am a little disappointed. I was starting to think a
Deb's hesitance. Its a big thing and its expensive.

While an on-line conference might be interesting, I think it defeats the
purpose of a conference. On-line communications by their very nature lack
the subtlety and personal impact of face-to-face meetings. Honestly, I
don't feel very engaged with on-line communications. Its like chat rooms,
the impulse to say random swear words and pick fights with people is just
too overwhelming. (At least it is for me. Besides, I'll just run off an go
play Half-Life or TFC.)

Anyways, perhaps the future holds a TECHWR-L conference. I must admit I
was a little surprised at the response. I figured most people would just
say "yeah, sure, whatever."

Anyways, thanks for considering it. Also, I will look into my company
(Anitian) sponsoring something on TECHWR-L. All provided I get an animated
gif of me dancing with hamsters. :-)

Andrew Plato

http://auctions.yahoo.com/

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.