Re: About TECHWR-L and a TECHWR-L Conference

Subject: Re: About TECHWR-L and a TECHWR-L Conference
From: Jo Baer <jbaer -at- mailbox1 -dot- tcfbank -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2001 13:45:59 -0500

As usual, Eric, you have written a thoughtful, balanced response to the latest
excitement on the list. I hope some day to attend an officially-sanctioned
grow in my profession.

I was also happy to attend the STC conference last year, and not just because it
was in Orlando. I am a largely self-taught technical writer writing for a
financial corporation, (a job that doesn't demand that I know rocket circuitry
or jet engine maintenance) and there were many sessions that gave me new ideas
and ways of approaching the type of documentation I write.

I'm also pleased that you outlined your plans for the TECHWR-L site and the
community as a whole. For one thing, it reminded me that my trips to the site
are probably less frequent than they should be, and that there are many valuable
resources there--not just the archives.

As I've said before, I consider this to be a particularly well-run list.
Although some of the discussion topics don't apply to what I do, they may some
day and I appreciate the exposure to them. Other topics are just what I need.
When I post a question to the list, I usually get valuable information, with
hardly any "SHEESH! You don't know THAT and you call yourself a technical
writer?" responses. ;-)

Thank you,
Jo

--