Re: Rules, rules, rules (was Whaddya Know)

Subject: Re: Rules, rules, rules (was Whaddya Know)
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 21:21:57 -0500

I've encountered a couple of people who were TERRIBLE writers but were EXCELLENT
editors. One of them was a master of the run-on sentence. I cringed when he was
assigned to edit my work. To my utter astonishment, he was an excellent editor.
That's when I learned that writing and editing are two different skill sets.
Some people can do both well, some can only edit well, some can only write well.
I'm an excellent writer and a mediocre editor. Which is why I'm not an editor.

Jo Byrd

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.