Re: ethics, morals in documentation?

Subject: Re: ethics, morals in documentation?
From: Andrew Plato <intrepid_es -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 11:11:44 -0700 (PDT)

> I find this quite insulting. There are many people in the world who would
> either starve or lay down there lives for what they believe in. they come
> from all walks of life and from all parts of the world. To say that you'd do
> something just for the money (ie the price is right) is a load of old cack.

The point Tom was making, one that makes perfect sense, is that when push comes
to shove most people's "ethics" and "morals" slide right out the window. Money
is a powerful and seductive force. Consider the hoards of television preachers
who scream to high, holy heaven how people need to be more moral while at the
same time they are stealing money and patronizing hookers.

Yes, many people will die for their beliefs. I also believe a great many of
them would lay down those beliefs in a 1/1000th of a second were they given
enough money or power. Temptation is more powerful than will.

Oh you've got green eyes, oh you've got blue eyes, oh you've got gray eyes....

Andrew Plato

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.