RE: WinHelp question

Subject: RE: WinHelp question
From: "Dana Worley" <dana -at- campbellsci -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:07:16 -0600

> Dana,
>
> WinHelp is no longer supported, so there would be no Win2000
> executable. This is not to say that you cannot just take the
> WinHelp.exe off of a Win95 machine and install it.

The original statement (from someone else) was "I can't install the
Help Workshop on Win2000". To which I asked "Why"?

As I noted, I am using the Help Workshop on a Win2000 machine.
It installed, and runs, just fine. Microsoft still ships the HLP
engines with Win2000 -- winhelp.exe (16-bit) and winhlp32.exe (32-
bit).

Microsoft no longer intends to *support* WinHelp (i.e., they aren't
going to make any changes to the Help Compiler or Help
Workshop), but there are no issues with running HLPs or the
compiler. In fact, Microsoft still ships quite a few HLP files with its
Win2000 system.

Dana W.

I'm on the digest, so if my responses are out of sync from everyone
elses by the time they hit the list, I apologize...

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.