RE: online doc accessibility--where to put it

Subject: RE: online doc accessibility--where to put it
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 10:11:48 -0400

Anecdotally:
Quite a few of the programs on my Program Menu list Help or Documentation
next to the executable, as part of the program group. This seems most common
for programs downloaded from the Web but some high-end software suites take
the same approach.
Philosophically, I take the stance, the more access points the better.
>From a design perspective, though, if the menu is too cluttered it's hard to
find anything.

Jim Shaeffer (jims -at- spsi -dot- com)

April 27. http://www.pdfconference.com.