Relocating to the US

Subject: Relocating to the US
From: debbie_pesach -at- yahoo -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 5:35:21

Greetings all!

After 15 years working and living in the Middle East (I'm a senior
technical writer at a start-up in Yokneam, Israel), I'm returning to the
Rockville, MD area in June. Ideally I'd like to find a job before I move
back (I have planned on making a pilot trip sometime in May to interview)
and I'd like some advice/help from you.

I've already made contact with the DC STC chapter (I think good advice to
anyone moving to a new location), but I want to do more to help with the
job hunt.

Can anyone recommend a good recruiter in the area (although after reading
the archives about recruiters, I'm realize that I need to interview my
recruiter and not just be interviewed by them)? How does the DC technical
writer market look to those of you in the area? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance for the help. Please send me CCs of the replies
(debbie_pesach -at- yahoo -dot- com) because I access Techwr-l from the Web.

Happy spring holiday season to you all,

Debbie