Re: QUERY: trying to increase website use by our customers

Subject: Re: QUERY: trying to increase website use by our customers
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 08:37:03 -0800 (PST)

> Does anyone have any suggestions or thoughts on ways
> to improve
> customer communication while also increasing traffic
> to the web site
> using the manuals or other items that the customer
> gets with the
> product. I'm brainstorming, so I'll be happy for any
> thoughts however
> far-fetched or perhaps tried and true but forgotten.

You really need to give your audience a reason for
using the site. Just to log support issues is NOT
enough. Provide a FAQ and other product info that will
be helpful to them. On these info pages, include links
to the support system where they create issue tickets.
Also provide support email and other contact info.

What you and your users get out of a site is directly
proportionate to what you put into it, and how you
allow them to add to it.

=====
Bill Swallow
Information Design & Development Professional
bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com - www.geocities.com/bill_swallow
Editor, InFrame Magazine <www.inframe-mag.com>
WebWorks Wizard