Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question

Subject: Re: New TECHWR-L Poll Question
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2001 06:49:16 -0800 (PST)

> Do the stock market and uncertain economy cause you
> concern about your tech writing job or prospects?
>
> * Yes, I am concerned
> * I am uncertain

I wish we could vote for two, as my vote wuld look
like that above. I've been downsized twice in 9
months' time (to the day) and it's been in part due to
market conditions and in part due to stupid decisions
made by the fat cats in their 10,000' chairs. I've
watched the economy around here shrivel up into
something resembling a sunburnt worm on blacktop. But,
I do firmly believe that it's a regional concern, as
the market in eastern MA is flourishing for TWs (too
many jobs, not enough candidates). So, yes the market
concerns my professional well-being, but I am
uncertain as to how and when. :-/

=====
Bill Swallow
Information Design & Development Professional
bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com - www.geocities.com/bill_swallow
Editor, InFrame Magazine <www.inframe-mag.com>
WebWorks Wizard