Health insurance for contractors

Subject: Health insurance for contractors
From: "Beth Kane" <kanerb -at- concentric -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2001 12:57:11 -0700

I think this has come up on the list before, but I couldn't find it in the
archives.

I'm considering making the switch to contract tech writing. Been a captive
TW for 10 years.

Can anyone tell me how independent contractors can find reasonably priced
health insurance? My husband has always been dependent on my insurance (he's
self-employed). And now his son is working with him, and he's uninsured,
too.

If I leave the corporate scene, what can we do for insurance? Thanks for any
advice,

Beth Kane,
Tucson TW telecommuter