Re: Big Doc Word

Subject: Re: Big Doc Word
From: Jo Francis Byrd <jbyrd -at- byrdwrites -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2001 14:36:20 -0600

I sure hope the company pays you enough to compensate for you providing the
software for them! To my thinking (not that I have an opinion, or anything....),
when you provide your own tools for your employer, whether you are a permanent
employee or a contract employee working on site (contract working at home is an
entirely different issue, I'm talking about doing the employer's work on site),
you give them NO incentive to provide you with decent tools to do the job. Why
should they put out the money when they've got someone else to do it for them?

There are such things as consequences. If a client (employer) won't provide me
with the tools I need to do the job efficiently and well they'll have to live
with the problems caused by the short-sightedness. And, yes, I do the CYA
documentation to demonstrate it is not MY fault, but the fault of inadequate
tools!

Jo Byrd