RE: Personal development plan

Subject: RE: Personal development plan
From: Pam Mandel <pmandel -at- nimble -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:21:03 -0800

My personal irritation with these things is endless. But not inexpressable.
:-)

We also had to do this as part of our review process. My personal plan
included getting OUT of mgmt and back to being a writer and going to some
training so I could learn how to do my job better. I pitched two, STC and
WinWriters. Then my boss looked at the thing, said I was a "natural" at mgmt
and that there was no budget for training. The point of doing this
was...???? Okay to be fair, we also discussed my interest in localization
and there was some willingness to consider that but no sign of how to get
there or when. Argh.

On the other side of the fence, one of my direct reports expressed an
interest in moving to training rather than staying in UA - I told her that
there was no chance for V1, and that as much as I would hate to lose her, I
know that it is something we could likely set up for V2. I suppose if you
have a boss that will really read and listen and consider, (there´s that
mgmt talent! :-P)it is an excellent opportunity to tell them what you want
to do in the future.

Pam