RE: Taking Minutes at Meetings

Subject: RE: Taking Minutes at Meetings
From: "LeVie, Donald S" <donald -dot- s -dot- levie -at- intel -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 11:43:17 -0800

Geez, y'all...I replied off line to the original poster and my advice was
quite different. I'd have to know the real reason behind such a request (is
it because of the value-add I or someone on my team can provide by taking
minutes, or is the admin assistant out sick today?) that would require
taking me or someone on my team off of a critical project. For me, I'd need
a little more information; otherwise, you could be setting an expectation
that could get in the way of completing more top priority projects...just
another plate to keep spinning...

I'm not averse to the idea, don't get me wrong, but I need to see where this
request would fit in with other priorities and what kind of my mileage I
and/or the team could get out of it should we agree to do it.

I can certainly agree with all the suggestions people have provided about
driving "agendas" and putting a favorable/biased spin on the minutes (I like
how TECHWR_Lers think), but until I know the real reason, I'm not going to
be jumping up and down saying "Ohh, pick me, pick me..."

Donn Le Vie
Information Engineering
Network Communications Group
Wireless Communications and Computing Group
Intel Corporation