RE: Managing the multitudes

Subject: RE: Managing the multitudes
From: "Cook, Jenise" <jenise -dot- cook-crabbe -at- pacificlife -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 14:07:13 -0800

Hey, Kevin: Haven't been shy; it's been a very busy morning. Ya know, "hump
day" tends to be a crunch 'cuz we only have two more days to get stuff done
this week (unless we have to work the weekend).

For me? Like others, my solution is both paper based and in Outlook folders.
In both situations, I create a paper and an electronic folder titled with
the name of the manual and the chapter to be revised. (I'm working only on
chapter-level revisions right now, no new content.) In Outlook, I create a
folder at the manual name level only. Then, I sort my e-mails on Subject
within that folder. I initiate a lot of the e-mails for research, so I
carefully word my Subject for easy information retrieval because my SMEs
just click Reply. My Subject is multiplied like bunnies.

So far, it's working. I use the paper folders for the info that I hunt down
and kill myself (your words).