RE: Title for a document about bugs

Subject: RE: Title for a document about bugs
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 07:28:15 -0800

Kerstin -dot- Molthagen -at- etas -dot- de wrote:

> My favourite would be "Known Issues/Problems" if the document is a mere
> listing of the bugs, and "Troubleshooting" if workarounds are given.

I think of "Troubleshooting" as a place to look *after* there's a
problem. If there's a problematic behavior that can be *prevented*
I'd rather be told about it beforehand.

That's the sort of thing I'd expect to see in a section called "Known
issues" or something similar. There's no reason such a section couldn't
include workarounds, too.

As for what to call the document, it seems like all of this information
belongs in the release notes, along with the "good news" (new features,
enhancements, bugs fixed, and the like).

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

A V A I L A B L E N O W ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

HTML Indexer 3, still the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

Now including options for HTML Help and JavaHelp indexes, too!