Re: Antwort: RE: Title for a Document about bugs

Subject: Re: Antwort: RE: Title for a Document about bugs
From: Sandy Harris <sandy -at- storm -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 07 Mar 2001 09:17:59 -0500

Kerstin -dot- Molthagen -at- etas -dot- de wrote:

> Hi Wil!
>
> Wil Gaffga wrote:
> > From: Bénédicte Juthier
> >> We are writing a document about the known bugs that are not fixed yet.
> >> This document is for internal use but also for the customers.
> >> We are looking for a title [...] which [...] would not explicitly
> >> contain the term "Bugs" (everybody can imagine why).

Yes, but I consider it remarkably silly.

> >> Any ideas ??? Thank you
> >
> >The favorite around here is "Undocumented Features"

Ours is:
http://www.freeswan.org/freeswan_trees/freeswan-1.8/BUGS

That's one of the more-or-less standard collection of files in the
main directory of any Open Source product, along with INSTALL, CHANGES, ...

"Bugs" is also a standard section in a Unix man page, or at least was in
1970s Unix and has re-appeared in current products, though AT&T dropped
it in the 80s for marketing reasons.

I still remember the entire "Bugs" section from the 'find' utility in
Version 7 Unix: "The syntax is painful."