Can't view/or print text box in footers

Subject: Can't view/or print text box in footers
From: Jeana Hines <Jeana -dot- Hines -at- mikohn -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 15:51:57 -0800

Hello Techwhirlers,

I posted this in the word-pc list this morning and haven't received a
response yet. I've also looked in their archives along with the TECHWR-L
archives, but did not see this particular issue.

I am using Word 2000 and Windows NT. I've just had my computer switched out
yesterday, but had the same system and software versions installed on the
new computer.

In my document and our templates, there is a text box in the footer with
address/phone information. Today, I opened the document, and could not see
the text box. I assumed that I must have deleted it unknowingly.

I then opened our template, to copy and paste the text box in my document. I
found that I could not see the text box in the template either. I asked two
of our other writers to open the document and the template. They did and had
no problems viewing the text box in the footer.

>From my computer, when I print the document, the text box does not appear on
the hard copy. When another writer prints the document from their computer,
the text box is visible, on screen and in hard copy.

I've checked my settings in Tools/Options and in the View menu, and do not
see anything that would hide a text box. Does anyone have a suggestion as to
what the problem is?

I am close to just trying to reinstall Word, on the possibility that
something went batty during the install on this computer.

Any help would be *deeply* appreciated! :)

Jeana Hines