Re: graphics format

Subject: Re: graphics format
From: Bill Swallow <bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:18:22 -0800 (PST)

--- Melissa Akers <Makers -at- Lumisys -dot- com> wrote:
> What's the best graphic format to use for help and 2
> guides? Help is done
> with RoboHelp html, and the guides will be in
> FrameMaker for publication in
> .PDF. I'd like to use the same graphics for each. I
> currently have all
> graphics in .BMP format (saved in Snag-it). Size
> doesn't matter; quality
> does.

What kind of Help are you creating? If an HTML-based
Help format, then you are pretty much stuck with GIF
and JPG as your graphic formats if you want to use the
same files for both print and online. PNG may also be
a possibility, depending on the Help format.

=====
Bill Swallow
Information Design & Development Professional
bill_swallow -at- yahoo -dot- com - www.geocities.com/bill_swallow
Editor, InFrame Magazine <www.inframe-mag.com>
WebWorks Wizard

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/