Re: Help with HTML Transit

Subject: Re: Help with HTML Transit
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 18:42:22 -0800 (PST)

--- Bryan Jonker <jonker -at- prairienet -dot- org> wrote:
[SNIP]
> Is
> there any easy way to get rid of the anchors and have the links to the
> Headings point straight to the page itself? I've tried everything I can
> think of, to no avail.

Not in Transit. You'll have to go into the HTML code after it is generated and
change the link to remove the #Pxxxxx at the end of the path in the HREF. (If
you don't know what that is, you probably won't want to be mucking about in the
HTML code.) It is easier to do it that way than to remove the bookmarks Transit
places in all of the headers.

> Alternatively, is there a list for HTML Transit? I realize it lost
> popularity when Infoaccess / IntraNet Solutions raised the prices, but
> someone out there still uses it, hopefully. I checked the archives, and
> couldn't find any mention of a list. Thanks in advance.

I still use my Transit 3.2 from time to time. It's a quick way to break a large
document into manageable HTML pages with halfway decent code. Sorry, but I
don't know of a list that caters to it. Infoaccess used to manage some user
forums, but I don't know if IntraNet Solutions still maintains them. Might be
worth a look.

=====
Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer