RE: SN Not Valid: A Non-Fiction Novella by Emily Berk

Subject: RE: SN Not Valid: A Non-Fiction Novella by Emily Berk
From: KMcLauchlan -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 11:44:42 -0500

[snippety]

> I'm going to go try to mellow out now so I don't start
> screaming from the
> moment I call Customer Support in the morning.
>
> Thanks for listening.
>
> Chapter 2 -- tomorrow?
>
> --Emily

To help you achieve the proper frame (... sorry, I used that
word, didn't I...) of mind for talking with support reps, I
offer the comfort of these thoughts:

1) No matter what you or they say or do, those hours of misery
and fruitless effort are permanently part of your history,
yet they can never, ever be recovered.

2) The largest single hurdle of your call (after some more of
your life goes irretrievably lost 'on hold') will be persuading
the unconvincingly-cheerful answer-bot that you are not
a complete, bloomin' idiot.

3) Support reps don't give real names...

/kevin (ducking, running and hiding)