Mean (x-bar) symbol

Subject: Mean (x-bar) symbol
From: "Balchunas, John" <JBalchunas -at- orgtek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Feb 2001 07:57:32 -0500

Hey everyone,

Anyone know an easy way to create a symbol in Word for the mathematical term
"mean" or x-bar. The symbol looks like a minus sign sitting above a x.

I've been able to accomplish this in Frame by applying a overline character
format to an X, but any thought as to how to go about doing this in Word?


John Balchunas

Develop HTML-Based Help with Macromedia Dreamweaver 4 ($100 STC Discount)
**WEST COAST LOCATIONS** San Jose (Mar 1-2), San Francisco (Apr 16-17) or 800-646-9989.

Sponsored by ForeFront, Inc., maker of ForeHelp Help authoring tools
for print, WinHelp, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and cross-platform InterHelp
See for more information and free evaluation downloads

You are currently subscribed to techwr-l as: archive -at- raycomm -dot- com
To unsubscribe send a blank email to leave-techwr-l-obscured -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com
Send administrative questions to ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com -dot- Visit for more resources and info.

Previous by Author: Bad Service from nSight Training
Next by Author: RE: Mean (x-bar) symbol
Previous by Thread: COVER PAGE LAYOUTS
Next by Thread: Re: Mean (x-bar) symbol

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads