RE: HUMOR: I Need Help

Subject: RE: HUMOR: I Need Help
From: Jim Shaeffer <jims -at- spsi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2001 12:25:34 -0500

See Original message, below.
1. Yes. Claiming anything proprietary as your own work is right out (Monty
Python and the Holy Grail).
2. You say, 'Sure they recycle code. But they have other means of obtaining
it.' I think that therein lies the rub (Shakespeare).
Many Technical Communicators look around and find a paucity of other means.
Example: Daytona Beach is not a hotbed of programming, yet our Barnes &
Noble has several shelves of Visual Basic books, most of them advertising a
CD-ROM full of sample programs and code. There is nothing remotely
comparable for Technical Writing.
I am _not_ trying to encourage the type of post that Andrew parodied in his