Re: Document layout: Whose decision?

Subject: Re: Document layout: Whose decision?
From: Sunshine QT <sunshineqt99999 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 14:16:14 -0800 (PST)

Many thanks for all your posts. You have provided me
with a lot of good ideas.

And for those of you who questioned why I did not ask
him why he wanted this format. I heard this
second-hand only, and my immediate thought was to rush
over there and ask him. But then I stopped, because I
could sense that I was really feeling agitated about
it. So I thought I would run it by you guys before I
rushed over there angrily.

I am almost positive that his reasoning is going to be
that he wants the document to be shorter, but my
experience has shown that it does not save a lot fof
space. I tried this once - just to see. The document
eneded up being the same length, because with hanging
heads, you have to space down. (My gutter is rather
narrow on my templatre.) Also, I am willing to bet
that he he has no familiarity with this way of writing
a document and it jsut looks odd to him. I don't
believe it is for any special formatting concerns.
(BTW - yes, all our clients and in-house personnel
love the doc style).

But you guys have given me much food for thought. Now
I will go over and talk to him about it.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks much!

-N

a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/