RE: Document layout: Whose decision?

Subject: RE: Document layout: Whose decision?
From: "Susan Ahrenhold" <sahrenhold -at- winspc -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 16:28:30 -0500

We had a similar case last year where we changed the layout of a document to
accomodate a requested change to document formatting. I couldn't come up
with a good reason to not do this.

It took us about 3 hours. Then there were some more changes, and just one
more.

And then we were asked to put to document back in its original format.

Because of my suspicious nature, I had tracked the time involved. It cost
over $500 to make "this one little change."

Now I have a report to tell people why I don't want to make little changes.