Re: Javahelp

Subject: Re: Javahelp
From: Scott Wahl <wahl_scott -at- yahoo -dot- ca>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:39:08 -0500 (EST)

Hi Sanjay,

We use JavaHelp for a Java application. It is fairly
slow (like most Java apps) but works quite well. We
have found it reasonably straightforward to implement,
and the full-text search is nice. I would recommend
JavaHelp for a Java application.

I would not recommend using JavaHelp for a plain
web-based application: just go with basic HTML or, if
you prefer, one of the many HTML-based help systems.

Also note that JavaHelp does not currently have
server-based version (although one is apparently in
the works) so it is not appropriate for Java applets,
only applications.

Hope this helps.

./Scott

--