Re: Starting a new project

Subject: Re: Starting a new project
From: "Dick Margulis" <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:01:17 -0500

Jason,

You could begin the unified manual with a short How this Manual is Organized preface. In it you could include a diagram that shows users how to navigate the manual, depending on where they want to end up.

Within the body of the manual, you can simply refer people to the relevant chapter for each function, rather than repeat the chapter.

I think that for now it makes sense to organize the chapters into two sections, according to which application the functions reside in, but with a view toward eventually integrating the chapters into one continuous section when the applications are fully integrated.

Dick