legal schmegal

Subject: legal schmegal
From: Pam Mandel <pmandel -at- nimble -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2001 08:39:07 -0800

Hi all,
Start up, enterprise software. All novices on the legal requirements for
docs and other things. All from consumer applications. We have legal on
staff here, they're checking it out too. Yadda yadda.
Okay, so we stuffed all the trademarking and "this product is a beta"
disclaimer text in to the About box for now. BUT I think it all goes in to
the EULA (End User License Agreement) that pops up as part of installation -
you know, that thing that no one reads and everyone clicks "I accept" after
scrolling to the end of it? But what about with an enterprise installation?
Is it any different for that? Does it go with the contract that the client
signs or on some sheet of paper that's in the box or the CD liner? Input,
anyone?
Thanks, as always.
Pam

Pam Mandel