RE: Teleproductivity

Subject: RE: Teleproductivity
From: John Posada <jposada01 -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 07:00:53 -0800 (PST)

> I don't understand this magic number of 8 hours a day. If I'm more
> productive at home and can complete my work in 6 hours instead of
> the 8 hours it would take me to complete the work at the office,
> why shouldn't I just work 6 hours at home?<<

I'm hired to produce the best online help application that I know
how, regardless of the number of hours. Therefore, while I'm not
going to rush like mad every hour I work, I also have more work to do
than I could ever use up....I just keep adding additional dimensions
to my projects.

I work a steady 7 hours per day (our work days are 9-5 with an hour
lunch for a total of 35 paid hours per week). I do this whether I'm
in the office, working from home, sitting on a train, or with an hour
to kill at a train station or airport.

Doesn't anyone believe in the premise of working to make the best
deliverable instead of only making sure that the employer isn't being
cheated and to do only enough to make your conscious feel OK?

=====
John Posada, Senior Technical Writer
"How to be happy in life: Never impose your beliefs
on anyone else and never fry bacon in the nude."
-- Anon

http://auctions.yahoo.com/