RE: Web-based help question

Subject: RE: Web-based help question
From: "Giordano, Connie" <Connie -dot- Giordano -at- FMR -dot- COM>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 2 Feb 2001 15:17:04 -0500

David,

Can't be done. You must generate web help rather than a chm, and locate the
web help directory where the developers can access it for your application
build. You need to also let them know which topic to point to when help is
selected in the application.

This is because in order to view the help within the application web pages,
the user has to install some dll files that allow the browser to read the
chm.

Found this out the hard way about a year ago! Ehelp doesn't make that very
obvious in its documentation and support, but is there if you know how to
look for it.

Hope I can save you the pain and frustration.

Connie Giordano