RE: Bad Fit?

Subject: RE: Bad Fit?
From: "Ehr, Meg" <Meg -dot- Ehr -at- smartworks -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 15:17:39 -0500

Maggie Secara has been returned to the world of the job-seeker after a mere
6 days...

Given the explanations you received, I'd have to say it sounds like somebody
just didn't play well with you. The references to "directness" and "style"
should probably be read as code for "personality" - in other words, yours
clashed with someone else's. This happens. There isn't a dang thing you can
do about it without more specifics, but there isn't necessarily anything you
*should* do about it. It may be that you just didn't fit well with the
existing dynamic, which it sounds like your former coworkers are anxious to
protect (hence their ability to "tell in the first week if someone is going
to work out or not"). I would think that if there was a substantive reason
for your dismissal (e.g. you weren't getting up to speed quickly enough, or
your skills weren't as advertised) HR would have let you know.

It's unfortunate that you weren't given more of a chance, and that you don't
appear to have seen this coming. It's even more unfortunate that they (and
you) weren't able to evaluate the fit properly during the interview process,
and that (if I recall correctly) you chose this job over another option. But
hey, at least you only lost six days of your life to this bunch!

Good luck finding a better situation!

Meg Ehr