RE: Tech writers and cookbooks

Subject: RE: Tech writers and cookbooks
From: "Eichelberger, Mark" <EichelbergerM -at- AFTECH -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2001 17:26:43 -0500

I'm jumping in here a little late, and all that have replied to this posting
pretty much provided the same suggestions I was thinking of.

On a humorous note, IMHO, if you want to see what is probably the worst
example of recipe writing, look at the Joy of Cooking. There are no lists
of ingredients and the writing is in prose with no separation of steps for
prep, cooking, sauces, etc. You literally have to read the entire recipe
from beginning to end to determine what you need, how long it will take, the
level of difficulty, etc.

If it wasn't for the fact it provides a wealth of information on food and
cooking techniques (and that each recipe I have made was a "keeper"), it
would remain on the shelf gathering dust!

Mark Eichelberger
Technical Writer
AFTECH, Inc.
eichelbergerm -at- aftech -dot- com