Re: Tools: Word98 for Mac--copy-paste quirk resolved?

Subject: Re: Tools: Word98 for Mac--copy-paste quirk resolved?
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 17:08:46 -0800 (PST)

--- "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA> wrote:
> Several folks working with Word98 on the Mac have reported a problem in
> which Word98 would not let them copy text and paste it into the Search and
> Replace dialog box. I encountered exactly the same problem, shrugged, and
> learned to live with it--until a few days ago. When I switched to using the
> Command key at the right side of my keyboard for the Command-V shortcut, I
> suddenly discovered that I could now paste text into the Search and Replace
> dialog box. Weirdness! There's nothing wrong with the command key on the
> left side of my keyboard, since it works (both in Word and elsewhere) for
> all other functions. So if this inability to cut and paste has been
> bothering you, try my serendipitous discovery to see if it helps you.

Well, this was all news to me. At home I'm still an unrecovered Macophile. This
is being typed on a G3 iMac with OS 9.x. I just opened a document in my Word
98, and I can cut and paste, using the command keys on *either side* of my
keyboard, successfully for both FIND and REPLACE.

Geoff, it it was anybody but you, I'd say you were on something. Now I wonder
why mine works and everybody else's doesn't?

=====
Tom Murrell
Lead Technical Writer
Alliance Data Systems