EMPL: If you are seeking to hire, please read (North Carolina)

Subject: EMPL: If you are seeking to hire, please read (North Carolina)
From: "Kay Ethier" <kethier -at- travelthepath -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 16:51:46 -0500

posted to Framers and TECHWR-L
----
Hi, everyone.

If there are any companies out there who need an instant, well-oiled
documentation department (new dotcoms?), there is a group I want to
let you know about.

I have worked with this particular documentation group, located in
North Carolina, for the last 18 months. They are a strong group with
an excellent manager. They have worked together for several years on a
90% telecommute basis, with group meetings as needed in the corp HQ
(Greensboro NC). Some of these tech writers are located in Raleigh,
others in Charlotte. They can work on a telecommute basis for anyone,
or onsite for a NC company.

Their employer is a software firm that is not doing well. The entire
group, along with a good part of the company, was shut down this
month.

If you need an instant documentation group or need to expand your
existing group, please check these folks out. If you need them all,
great. If you can snap up one or two of them, so be it. Let me tell
you more about them.

Their employer trained these writers thoroughly in:

-- Information Mapping
-- FrameMaker
-- WebWorks Publisher Professional

These writers work extremely well together. They edited each others
files, group-authored many manuals, and group designed and modified
templates. (By the way, they are very template-oriented and do not
allow overrides from one person to the next... very disciplined).

The manager's style is very motivating. He has kept them on deadline
and on track very nicely. These folks were working long hours and
loving it, and their manager.

I have resumes and contact data if anyone can consider them. I'm sure
the ideal -- dropping them into a company in one piece -- is probably
impossible... but I figured it could not hurt to ask.

They would like to work together if at all possible. Please forward
this to any company you think might be able to hire these folks and
benefit from their excellence.

Kay Ethier
919-547-0129